Risk Management Jobs
Manager, Exposure Capital AnalysisJob ID 75101 Date 05/19/2017 Toronto, Canada
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Global Risk Management (GRM) plays a leadership role in establishing the Bank´s risk appetite and strategies - and partners with the Business Lines, Finance, Group Treasury and others to operate within these parameters.
Scotiabank´s approach to risk management is a globally-recognized competitive advantage - which balances sound judgment, effective tools, considerable management input & prudent oversight.
GRM´s greatest strength is the expertise and commitment of our people. We are committed to attracting, developing & rewarding a diverse group of high-performing employees.
The manager role in ECA provides an introduction to the capital markets business and exposure to the regulatory changes impacting the risk management framework. The incumbent will be involved as a subject matter expert (SME) in projects related to the Bank's initiatives to address the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) regulation with a focus on market data related initiatives.
- Work on FTRB Market Data stream to harmonize market data used for valuation across trading and risk systems
- Coordinate and liaise with Technology, Product Control, Market Risk Measurement, Trade Floor Risk Management and other stakeholders on FRTB requirements
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation testing of the new market data platform
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive documentation related to FRTB
- Responsible for further business needs of the department as required, ad-hoc requests
- Exceptional problem solving ability, numerical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Good programming skills - able to understand and develop SQL and VBA code, Python an asset
- Knowledge of finance and derivative products, interest in the financial markets
- Understanding of market data, familiarity with major platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters) an asset
- Project management experience an asset
- Progress towards/completion of CFA/FRM an asset
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.