Manager, Customer Insight & AnalyticsJob ID 73043 Date 04/12/2017 Toronto, Canada
The incumbent wil require a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to quickly draw insights from data in order to support bank strategies.
Excellent written and communiation skills are requiried and the Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager, Customer Insights & Analytics to conduct analytics and report back findings in a clear and structured manner.
1.Provide support to various business lines (e.g., day-to-day banking, personal lending, retail deposits and investments) and statekholders and lead the discovery processes to identify business requirements and expected outcome.
2.Conduct data analysis using Big Data tools and provide insights needed to make decisions.
3.Develop innovative and effective approaches and apply statistical and predictive modelling techniques to solve client’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies to business clients and senior members of the analytics team.
4.Present and depict the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms for the business or senior management.
5.Provide support to data acquisition and Enterprise Data Lake development projects and identify what data is available and relevant.
6.Provide business metrics for initiatives and provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance.
The incumbent supports a wide range of analytical activities, and must conduct unbiased, customer-focused analytics, while at the same time ensuring that results do not impede customer acquisition/retention, business line growth and profitability activities.
To be successful in the position, the incumbent requires the following technical and behavioral competencies:
• Solid analytical skills. Must be comfortable working with large amounts of information and translating data into clear and concise findings.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Boardroom level oral/written communication & presentation skills in a client-facing setting.
• Strong programming skills in SAS, Python, R.
• Strong knowledge of distributed computing tools (HDFS, Map/Reduce, Hive, HiveQL, Sqoop, etc.)
• Experience using machine learning algorithms in R, Python, Spark.
• Proficiency using statistical packages and statistical analysis.
• Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau.
• Knowledge of Bank Information Systems, such as retail product and reporting systems, including finance systems, Sales Builder, and the Enterprise Data Warehouse or Data Lakes.
• Knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
• Excellent desktop software skills, especially MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• University education, with a specialization in Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering.
• Oversight of the technical conceptualization, development, implementation and ongoing management of various simultaneous analytical projects across multiple business lines and delivery channels.