Information Technology Jobs
DevOps SpecialistJob ID 73324 Date 04/18/2017 Toronto, Canada
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You are a mentor, teacher and enabler - clearing obstacles and making room for incredible work to come from the Factory
- You have experience creating large scale applications – ideally building highly scalable web farms on linux platforms entirely from infrastructure as code
- You measure everything and are always looking to improve engineering productivity and quality through automation
- You’re comfortable working closely with a team of smart, passionate people to creatively solve problems that may at first seem insurmountable
- You have some familiarity with banking and compliance requirements and have strong desire to let machines fully manage them
- You are an engineer but also comfortable inspiring and influencing leaders from the bank IT of a new way of shipping software through Continuous Delivery
You'll need to have:
- Experience in the administration of build tools for continuous integration (e.g. GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, and Nexus)
- Ability to work with configuration and orchestration tools to automate deployment delivery such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Familiarity with container-based virtualization technology such as Docker
- Fluency in scripting languages like Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Experience with public cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- High level Linux administration skills
It would be cool if you were also:
- A strong advocate for agile technical practices and software craftsmanship
- Eager to mentor, coach and share
- Active in your community startup, agile and tech scene
- Excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to personal innovation projects with your peers
- Interested in the impact fintech innovations can have on the world
Learn more about the Factory:
• We are growing fast and looking for team members to help us build an industry leading fintech innovation hub
• We invite and encourage collaboration with a broad range of industry disruptors and innovators
• We have the stability and resources of Scotiabank, a multinational financial institution, as well as a world class team of designers and engineers with the energy and talent of a leading startup
As Canada’s international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.