Programmer Analyst Fixed Income
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This position belongs to a development team that develops and supports various applications in Scotia Capital, mainly in the Risk Management business. The incumbent will be responsible for leading, developing, integrating and supporting a number of in-house and vendor applications and system interfaces involving various technologies. He/She must be able to interact with various people like Business Analysts, Users, vendors, and Production Support Team. It is essential that the incumbent to be proactive, eager to learn, and to have a 'Can Do' attitude. The incumbent may need to carry support RIM periodically.
- Develop cost effective applications and provide technical specs and designs
- Provide technical support to applications in Production and User Acceptance Testing
- Provide technical guidance to other team members
- Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong development project leader skills: creation of detailed development plans, work unit breakdown and assignment to staff.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently (minimum supervision).
- Strong ability to work on several concurrent assignments involving various technologies and environments.
- Disciplined approach to development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge of SDLC phases.
- Development in a Unix Environment (preferably Solaris). Windows experience an asset. Expertise in Unix shell scripting preferred.
- Excellent on object oriented programming, C# or Java(J2EE) programming
- In-depth knowledge with SQL and relational databases, data analysis ability is preferred
- Advanced level of knowledge of middleware technologies: MQ Series (JMS and native), Web services.
- Experience on Crystal report, ClearCase/ClearQuest, TIDAL job scheduler is an asset
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
- A recognized under-graduate degree in business, computer science, mathematics or related discipline.
The Technology Application Group (TAG) is a committed business partner to Scotia Capital, Integrated Support Services and Group Treasury, delivering technology services in three dimensions; business analysis, software development and production management. TAG's success is based on strong customer focus and a close relationship with each of its' principle clients. TAG resources are knowledgeable in their fields of expertise and are viewed by the business lines as reliable advisers. The return on investment for TAG's clients is high quality service customized to their business objectives, delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
The TAG department has a proven history of adopting best-of-breed technologies and implementing effective system solutions to meet critical business needs as well as developing a large percentage of its solutions in-house. What does this mean for you? You have the opportunity to partner with a business line and gain the in-depth knowledge you will need to successfully provide value added solutions.
The Scotiabank Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Join Our Team
Connect with us
Watch Our Jobs
Scotiabank’s IT professionals provide support to each of our core businesses. Our Information Technology solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage. Individuals in this career field perform a variety of jobs including data management, data warehousing, programming, networking, database design, software design, as well as the management and administration of entire systems. Some of the most common technologies are: Java, .Net, Cobol, C++, SQL, SAS, JCL, AS400, Citrix, Unix, Cisco.
Some Information Technology job opportunities include: Business Analyst, Business System Analyst; Project Manager, Programmer / Developer; Network Analyst; Database Administrator; Development team leads; Infrastructure Support Managers; Software Architect; Technical Document Writer; Network Administrator; Firewall Specialist; Security Officer; IT solutions; Programmer Analyst.